Monday 18 February 2013

Morning trash...

so this morning i decided to empty my trash from my macbook pro os x 10.7 and i had like about 200 items. while, the status bar was deleting, it got stuck on 21 items left to delete. i didnt know what was wrong and i guess it wasnt responding so i force quit my finder. then i relanched my finder and tried emptying again and the same thing happens. after many attempts of force quitting, my desktop later decided to freeze and my finder wasnt responding so then i had to restart my laptop. after so many attempts and researching online for some help, i finally found a way to remove the items. i first moved the items in a separate folder on my desktop and began deleting few items at a time and then emptying the trash. then i repeat over the same procedure until everything was deleted. however, there was this one app that wasnt deleted and that it kept messing up my desktop, which was this spotify app. i tried to delete the file but my trash status just kept freezing and so i had to force quit, which then messed up my desktop because the finder was not responding so then i had to restart my laptop yet again. the app had a ghostbuster sign like that circle and a angular line across and the icon underneath the sign was the mac papers and pens. i guess it was a corrupted file but usually uninstalling programs is easy because i just drag the program into the trash and that's it. i did some more research about this spotify problem for mac users and people were also having the same problem. for the whole day, i was trying to find a safe way to delete the app without messing up my mac and then i found a way, which at first i was hesitant because it was some techy way. what i had to do to remove this app was to go to terminal and then type in the sudo code that would make my mac empty my trash no matter what and it actually worked. when it asked for my password, i couldnt type it in, which was odd, but i just hit enter and then type in the code again. it worked! so happy that stupid app is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment