Wednesday 1 October 2014

"Size doesn't mean everything"

I've ordered many clothes online (especially from Ebay) but what's risky about buying online is if the size fits you or not. 

Today, I received my package from Hollister and I was pretty surprised (I rarely shop at these kind of stores). I did do a lot of research online (I tried as there weren't many helpful advices I could find on the internet) and I have never bought jeans from Hollister before. I have cotton long sleeves that I physically bought from the store but I didn't need to try them on because just by looking at the shirts, they were pretty big so I bought xs. However, the button down shirt I bought online was an xxs and they fit snuggly. If you have a flat chest then it's perfect otherwise it wouldn't fit well. The boyfriend jean I bought online was a size 5R and they were really really big on the waist for me but really slim below the knee length (ankle is quite tight which is odd). What's weird was that people were saying that Hollister clothes tend to be smaller than other brands such as American Eagle but I think Hollister and American Eagle are the same. 

My sizing mark down:
H&M jeans/pants - size 26/27, 2/4 (jeggings), 6 
DollsKill pants - size 26, 3
GAP jeans - size 25r
American Eagle Jeans - 5
Others - 3, SP, Asian M

Sizes vary depending on the store and also the materials used. I didn't go too much into my top sizes but usually they are all x-small or small but for Hollister it's xxs - xs (this is actually my first ever xxs I have ever owned haha). 

Overall, if you're wondering what size jeans would fit you in Hollister, go to a AE stores and try out their jeans because they are actually quite the same. H&M jeans are by far the smallest and tightest fitting ever (perfect for skinnies and short people). Hollister's customer service and service is a bit iffy compared to other companies (or maybe it was just my first time luck to get a bad representative). The representative I was talking to was difficult to hear (accent and murmurs/fading into the background) that I had to ask her to repeat herself at times (she actually yelled into my ear, which was unprofessional. Seriously did not see that one coming because usually people would just raise their voice up a notch or speak clearly). Other than that, Hollister quality and the variety of jean styles is excellent. When I shop for jeans, I will shop at Hollister because their 60-70% off sales are really good. 



Items that I bought and received (the shipping is quite fast from U.S. to CAN).

P.S. The colours and design of the clothes in person are slightly different than the photos (you don't always get what you see). 

P.P.S Thank goodness for belts and butts LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment