Friday 7 February 2014

My Experiences at the Salon: Dyeing hair

Nowadays, I don't really visit the salon because I do my own hair and there are reasons. For me, I usually just buy packaged hair dyes or sometimes i try new spray on colours. I know some, people would suggest to others to go to the salon and do their hair just so they won't mess up or damage their hair while in the process of dyeing. However, if you have the money and you're fine with others doing your hair then go for it but I agree with other people, with the same experiences that I had, that it is way better to do your hair yourself. Doing your hair yourself means that you save money and you will definitely be satisfied with your results.

Just to make this nice and easy to read I will summarize my thoughts:

At a high end salon that I went to they charged me over $120 just to bleach/lift and colour to a really light tone that totally did not even lift to a white lilac colour that I wanted. In fact, my hair just turned out like any other bleaching products out there can do; a golden blonde. Typical bleached hair colour that I could've done myself but I could've done it much better without the blotchiness (a no-no). Although the lady told me that she would have to lift my hair another time to get it lighter in which I understand as lifting takes many stages to get to a light tone but, that's just not it. You see, at this Japanese salon (I don't remember somewhere downtown), just perfect for asian hair, they actually are like hair gods/goddesses like literally their Japanese hair products are amazing. Anyways, the japanese stylists could dye my hair perfectly in one go but at this caucasian salon it was no match. Also, at this salon that I went to they actually didn't show/ tell you their prices until you get the bill so that's something to watch out for. 

Anyways, buying products yourself is much cheaper (like at Target or Walmart): $10 for purple colour spray, $10-15 for bleach x 2 to get a higher lift, and then treatment and purple shampoo + conditioner toner for a total of $20. This comes to a total of about $60. I saved $60. What. And I can continue using my treatment and toners for like a month. Perfect.  

At the salon (Modern Touch) the following charges applied:
Foils (Bleach/highlights) $75
Treatment & Toner $15
Wash & Style (Straight Iron) $25

No comments:

Post a Comment