Monday 21 April 2014

Geo contacts review

Geo Twins series yh302 aqua
I went to Pacific Mall (aka pmall) to look for some blue contacts for my cosplay. I was looking for a nice bright and noticable icy-crystal blue like what rudegirrl wears and I was recommended Geo Twin Series. I was pretty skeptical about them because most Geo contacts arent that great for their "pop" with their colours but they can give you a doll eye look.
Comfort: extremely uncomfortable if your eyes are big. The pupil ring of the contacts is way too narrow for my eyes so it makes it difficult for me to see clearly. Also, my focus gets blurry at times and my eyes feel dry. It was also hard to put on because of the shape of the contacts; it was too curved that when I tried blinking to put it on it just fell out and also scratches my eyes. 
Colour: it's noticable in a way that makes your eyes look creepy. The blue tone on your iris isnt noticeably bright as they say but the yellowish ring around your pupil is. Blues turned out dark on my eyes.
Design: it's ugly. Like the ugliest pair I have ever bought and I regret it. It doesnt give you that doll eyed look, which i liked, but the colours did not "pop". Looked too natural.
I really dont like shopping at pmall because everything is just a ripoff compared to online. The people selling contacts at the stores didnt really helped me find a nice blue that would pop and they didnt really know much about how colours would turn out on your eyes. That's why you always do research first. Be careful with images online because they are all photoshopped to make the contacts pop. Youtube reviews are good. Overall, buying contacts there is cheap but it's the same at EyeCandys. I just had way too many things purchased online that I didnt want to buy anything more online.
I wasnt sure if I should buy the Princess Pinky Twilight Blue contacts online at PinkyParadise because it was just too expensive for just contacts but from the reviews they definitely are the kind of contacts I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment